Product: Condor 242 dc 83/200 kHz Portable Fishfinder
Model with Suction Cup Transducer
Nautical Instruments - Portable Fishfinder
All the advanced features of the Condor 242 dc with the advantage of the portability, thanks to the waterproof battery pack and floating transducer.
The newest Condor 242 dc Portable gives you all of the advantages of a wide-angle fishfinding in a convenient compact housing. Thanks to its dual frequency 83/200 kHz engine, and to the special DualCone transducer, included in the package, it can reach the amazing coverage angle of 120° for fish searching (nominal 60° at -3dB). With the Condor’s exclusive DualCone technology, you can scan a wider area, for an unprecedented fish searching capability, and bigger catches!
The convenient menu system of the Condor 242 dc Portable , with its easy and intuitive four-tab user interface, will guide you through all the advanced functions of the unit, making the selection of each feature a snap. When the unit is switched off, the adjustment and settings are permanently stored in the internal memory. When you turn the unit back on, you will find your settings from the last session.
The large and brilliant 4.3” triple supertwist LCD screen of Condor 242 dc Portable provides crisp and clear images and is perfectly viewable from any angle and in any light condition, even wearing polarized sunglasses. The convenient battery pack base can host 8 AA batteries and allows the display to be quickly folded down. The dimmable white led backlighting allows perfect viewing in all light conditions and during the night use.
The special exclusive Dual Cone transducer of the Condor 242 dc Portable is available in two versions. A floating version, particularly well suited for standing use (e.g. for ice fishing), and a suction cup version for the mounting on the transom. Both have a built-in temperature sensor, allowing the monitoring of the water surface temperature, which is continuously shown on the top left corner of the screen.
- Large, high contrast, 4.3” triple supertwist LCD screen, provides perfect visibility even with polarized sunglasses
- High resolution 240 x 128 pixel with 4 levels of gray
- DualCone exclusive technology, for the widest coverage
- in fish searching
- Dual frequency 83/200 kHz operation
- Output power: 1200W peak (150W RMS)
- Depth capability of over 500 ft (160 meters)*
- Suction cup 83/200 kHz DualCone transducer with cone angles of 20°/ 60° @ -3dB (90°/ 120° for fish searching), with built in temp probe
- Sophisticated Fish-recognition software with the digital readout of the depth above fish symbols
- Adjustable chart speed
- Memory that keeps all the settings even when the unit is switched off
- Dual function gray ShadelineTM, that gives relevant information about the nature of the bottom
- Automatic range feature
- Image of instantaneous echo in column
- Alarms: shallow water, fish, low battery
- High intensity, fully dimmable backlighting for night use
- Outstanding depth performance, thanks to the high sensitivity receiver
- Compact waterproof housing
- Multilingual menu system, with 16 memorized languages
- Operating voltage: 12 V
- Dimensions: 7.5” x 4.3” x 3.9” (190 x 110 x 98 mm)
* Typically, all fishfinders will read deeper in freshwater than in saltwater. The actual depth capability depends on:
- Trasducer installation
- Salinity. In saltwater, air bubbles and zooplankton are the two most important factors affecting the performance, and change from day to day. Also decayed vegetation, that produces “muck” that can be up to 2 feet deep, affects the performance of all fishfinders.